About 4.5 hours away, Baltimore is a big city easily accessible from Central NY just by hopping on 81 and heading South. Dubbed the City of Neighborhoods, Baltimore is the perfect photographic destination with its wonderful architecture, history, and distinct communities around the Chesapeake Bay.
Join Story behind the Photos for 2 days on a street photography adventure in August. We will focus our time on exploring the area and working the city and surrounding areas for street photography, architecture, and of course eating delicious local seafood.
WHEN: Friday, August 16- Saturday August 17th 2019
WHO: Anyone who would like to learn more about street and travel photography. Learn how to overcome your fears and also get guidance on technique and camera settings. Limited to 4 participants to keep the group nimble.
GEAR: Participants should have a small and light kit if possible. A DSLR or mirrorless camera with a prime lens is optimal. We prefer a 35mm or 50mm prime lens as it forces you to get close and focus on the framing. Large cameras and lenses tend to distract people and bring more attention to you.
1. Arrive Baltimore at 3pm and check into hotel. Park car and unpack.
2. 4pm group gathers in lobby with light gear and sturdy walking shoes. We walk to inner harbor area, and acclimate ourselves to the area. Shoot photos for 2-3 hours as the light drops and shadows get long.
3. Dinner or dinner cruise on harbor at group discretion around 8pm.
4. Uber back to hotel.
5. Optional metro station/night shooting for 1 hour.
6. 6am (Optional) Wake up early and meet in lobby at 6:00 am for a few hours of street photography.
7. 10am Group Breakfast at hotel.
8. 11am Check out of hotel and place belongings in car.
9. Street photography at Historic Fells point and harbor area.
10. Late group Lunch then depart for home.
COST: Each photographer is 100 dollars plus lodging and food. Each person is responsible for securing their own lodging and food. (See below estimated cost)
Lodging: Radison Hotel Baltimore Inner Harbor at 101 Fayette Street. (145 per night plus taxes and fees for 1 night) Great location to metro/ Lexington market and 10 minute walk to harbor.
Food/Drinks: 100 per day (200)
Transportation in Baltimore: We will use uber and water taxis (50)